Solvay Public Library will offer limited appointments on Monday-Friday between the hours of 1:00 pm- 4:45 pm (1 p.m. – 1:45 p.m., 2 p.m. – 2:45 p.m., 3 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. )and Saturday 10:00 am-12:45 pm (10 a.m. – 10:45 p.m. and 11 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., and 12 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.) only.
We will continue our curbside pickup/ takeout service along with limited in-building appointments.
Procedures for In-Library Appointments
- Patrons must call ahead to sign-up for in-building appointments. Our limit is 8 people per hour, so we will sign up to 3 for general entry/ browsing and 5 computer use.
- We will take walk-ins as space allows; however, we will not open the upper-level front entrance; instead we will post signage telling patrons they have to use the lower-level entrance where we have a vestibule that allows easier screening of everyone who comes in the building.
- Every patron will be required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer before entering the premises.
- Patrons should come in at the top of the hour for 45-minute appointments. After they leave, staff will sanitize the area to prepare it for the next patron.
- If a patron is late, they can only stay until the 45th minute of the hour (ie: appt is 1:00-1:45, even if they’re late: no exceptions). That will give the staff 15 minutes to sanitize the computer equipment used.
- All books should continue to be returned to the outside drop box and not in the Library.