Here are some details about membership in our library system and this library’s specific circulation procedures:
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card. Parents and guardians of minors are responsible for materials borrowed on their childrenâs cards. Change of address or a lost or stolen card should be reported to the library immediately.
- Your library card can be used at any of the city branches or suburban libraries in Onondaga County. Some library policies and fees vary between libraries.
- Most materials are loaned for 3 weeks. Your receipt shows the dates items are due.
- You can renew materials. If there is no other request for the title, the materials will be renewed.
There is a limit of two renewals on most library materials.
- Most library materials borrowed from one county library may be returned to any other Onondaga County public library. Some exceptions include electronic devices.
- Each item returned after the due date will be subject to a per day overdue charge.
OCPL sends overdue notices as a courtesy, but no bills for fines and charges.
Borrowers will be charged the cost of replacing lost or damaged items.
This library requires you to pay 10% of your fees to use your card.
All overdue library accounts in the amount of $50 or more will be referred a collection agency. A service charge of $10 is applied to each account submitted for collection.
- Your library record is confidential. We cannot tell your family what you have checked out. Ask library staff about our âAssociationsâ feature.